The trip to Rotorua in the morning shows me baby Pukekos which are so adorable with their super fluffy bodies, a beautiful view of the lake as you come down the hill out of the windy part of the Rotoma's....it is stunning especially on a clear morning when the water is so still and flat it looks like a mirror or when it is super foggy and it looks like something out of a movie. Then there's the gorgeous little brown foal that follows it's tan mummy around and sometimes the field of little Fresian calves that are eating by the road. That and some wake up music coming probably a little too loudly from the car and it really gets me ready for the day.
The trip home shows me different things, even though it's on the same route. There is usually a family of signets hanging out on the lake edge and if it's a sunny day the fields and lakes just look stunning. I sing along to whatever I happen to be playing and I often find myself smiling as I wonder if people see me as they fly past in the opposite direction and wonder what in the world my problem is! It amuses me to think about the cars passing and the kind of people that might be inside. I count the milk tankers in the evenings...the most I've seen is 7 and I wonder too if they notice the same little black car passing them everyday. There are so many Pukekos around the roads I like to watch them, they're quite fascinating birds.
So even though the commute can sometimes be tiring and arduous I have come to enjoy it most days and I figure at least it's some sort of travel...beats being stuck in the office all day and not seeing anything of the sun.
I will be happy when the travel gets to go a bit further abroad though. I watched a DVD the other day entitled, "P.S. I Love You." Have you seen it? If you haven't I definitely recommend it, along with a box of tissues!! It is so sweet and sad at the same time and it really made me look forward to visiting Ireland, (not to give anything away about the movie) it looks like a beautiful country...much like New Zealand.
Well, that's it for now. I'll post again when I find another adventure to embark upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment